what is power factor? the power factor is the cosine of the angle between the voltage
and current in the circuit or the ratio of the resistance to the impedance of the circuit and also the ratio of the real to the apparent power. To give more detail regarding power factor please follow the links below for additional information on power factor.
free pdf file for power factor - power in single phase ac circuits, complex power, the complex balance power, power factor correction.
free pdf file for power factor fundamental - power factor correction saves money, what is power factor, the power triangle, why do we install capacitors?, other benefits, summary of benefits for installing capacitor.
free pdf file for three phase theory - balanced load, three phase power, analysis of three phase balanced systems, single circuit of a three phase system, equivalent circuit for three phase balanced system, unbalanced three phase system, sysmetrical components,
graphical methord of solution, power associated with sequence components.
Useful Formulas for Power System Analysis & Power Factor Correction - formula symbols,free calculation for capacitors connected in parallel, capacitors connected in series, capacitive reactance, capacitance, capacitor kilovars, power factors, kilovars required to change power factor, equations for total power factor, total power, reactive power, voltage rise, released system capacity for power factor improvement, loss reduction for correction power factor, capacitor current, total power factor, quality factor, crest factor. note : just click the capacitor and input the value then automatically give you the answer.
power factor - power in resistive and reactive ac circuits, true power, reactive power, apparent power, calculating power factor, practical power factor correction.
free pdf file for power factor - the difference between volt amperes and watts, definition of a volt ampere reactive, a graphical representation of real, reactive, apparent and power factor.
FACTS ON POWER FACTOR
1. The reason why we need to improve power factor is to avoid poor voltage regulation.
2. Another reason is to decrease the reactive power.
3. On magnetizing component of a transformer the power factor is always leading.
4. On incandescent bulb or lamp the power factor is unity.
5. using synchronous motor can improve the power factor.
6. Using static capacitors can also improve the power factor and they are almost loss free.
7. If the system has poor power factor it will result to overloading of transformer as well as alternator.
8. For indicative circuit they can improve the power factor by connecting in series of capacitor.
9. KVAR are rated terms of the capacitors of power factor correction.
10. oN AC circuit which contain both resistor and conductor the power factor is leading between 0-1.
TYPES OF POWER FACTORS
1. unity power factor - equal real and apparent power.
2. leading power factor - when the current leads voltage by an angle and the true power will less than the apparent power.
3. lagging power factor - when the current lags voltage by an angle and the true power is less than the apparent power.
4. zero power factor - when there is phase difference of 90 degree between the current and the voltage. If the circuit has zero power factor you have no useful work to be done.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- Chapter 6:Reference Index
- Importance of Bogshoe in primary line
- Comparison of alternating current and direct curre...
- Adding transformer banking requirements
- Free download electrical engineering
- Career path of an electrical engineer
- Electrical inventors
- What is a fiber optic ?
- Steps to make design and estimate on overhead tran...
- free download electrical engineering part two
- what is load transfer ?
- KELMAN - Transport X Portable Dissolve Gas Analyze...
- Electrical and Electronic theory, laws, principles...
- pad mounted transformer
- free electrical magazine
- the sources of electrical energy
- the fundamentral of electrostatics
- all about magnetic
- 90 percent of Mindanao grid experienced black out
- electromagnetic induction
- what is alternating current(AC) system
- What is Automatic Voltage Regulator in transmissio...
- The main function of substation
- All about transmission and distribution lines
- Flying kite near power line
- power factor correction
- Electrical Per-unit Calculation
- The need for fault calculation in design
- Electric Motor
- Electrical Formulas
- Electrical and Electronics Free Download
- Multi conversions
- Free download Electrical and Electronics
- Free e-book
- Rapid share Electrical and Electronics
- How Hydropower Works ?
- How Nuclear Power Plant Works ?
- free IEEE magazine
- free electronics and electrical magazines
- How Wind Energy Works ?
- How Solar Energy Works ?
- Free e-book for Electrical and Electronics
- How Tidal Energy Works|?
- How Biomass, Biofuel Works|?
- What is Electrochemistry?
- Free Electrical & Electronics Engineering eBooks
- How Fast Does Electricity Flow?
- Rapid Share Free Download Fiber Optics eBooks
- Rapid Share Free Download Electical eBooks
- Rapid Share Free Download Digital Electronics eBoo...
- Rapid Share Free Download Miscellanes of Electroni...
- Free Download eBook Electrical & Electronics
- Tutorial - How Lightning Works?
- Free Download eBook, Guide for Robotics
- Rapid Share Free download Electronics eBook for se...
- Free Download for electric machinery
- Free Download on Electrical Wiring and Cabling
- Tutorial - What is Enegy?
- Free Download Electronics & Electrical
- Free Hand Book For Electrical Engineer
- Free download electrical power substations, eBook....
- Free download Electrical dictionary, handbook, pow...
- Free Download Electronics Handbook
- Free Download - Electronics I
- Free Download - Electronics II
- Free Download - Electronics III
- Free Download - Electronics IV
- Free Download - Electronics V
- Free Download - Electronics VI
- Free Download - Electronics VII
- Free Download - Electrical I
- Free Download - Electrical II
- Free Download - Free tutorials - Electricity and e...
- Free Download - Free tutorial - electricity and el...
- Free Download - electronics, digital, wireless, mo...
- Free Download - electronics wi-fi bluetooth
- Free Downlload - Electronics magazine, installer, ...
- Free Download - Electronics, ultrasonic, handbook,...
- Free Download - Electronics, internet, design,
- Free Download - Electronics, digital, tesla coil,t...
- Free Download - Electronics, satellite, antenna, r...
- Free Download - Electronics,nanoelectronics, semic...
- Electronics Books collection 50 Books Part one
- Electronics Books collection 50 Books Part two
- Electronics Books collection 50 Books Part three
- Electronics Books collection 50 Books part Four
- Free Download - Electrical Electronics, signal,des...
- Free Download - digital, electrodynamics, antenna,...
- Free Download - theory, fiber optics, microwave, e...
- Free Download - robotics, antenna, microcontroller...
- Free Download - handbook, code check, training gui...
- Free Download - manual, electrical books, control ...
- Free Download - PCB, controller, digital, semicond...
- Free Download - magazine, converter, electronics
- Free Download - electrical and electronics, contro...
- Free Download - electronics wireless, Lan fundamen...
- Free Download - Electrical and electronics power c...
- Free Download - polymer, magneto science, crystall...
- Free Download and Tutorial - electronics circuits ...
- Free tutorial and electronics project
- ▼ September (751)